There are unfortunately rare online scams and people trying to commit fraud when renting out rooms. As in any walk of life there are also some bad apples who are involved in renting. Although we could never individually meet or interview every landlord who operates on our site, we can monitor their listings, site behaviour and get feedback from other users. On this basis we highlight landlords who operate in the correct way on our site.
Easyroommate’s safe landlord and letting agent badges are given to room renters who have adhered to the standards of the Easyroommate site and have been active for at least 3 months.
In order to qualify to receive a badge the room renter has:
- Had their listing(s) checked by a site moderator and they have all been deemed to be real and non fraudulent
- Their listings are inoffensive and non discriminatory
- They have not tried to fraudulently take money from any member of the site
- Have been active on the site for at least 3 months and not received any unresolved complaints from people renting from them
- Acted in a correct and proper manner in contacting people on the website, and not acted inappropriately towards other site members
The safe landlord badge is a first stage guide of renters and should not be used to replace basic safety checks, such as visiting a room and ensuring tenancy agreements are completed. It is no way a recommendation of a landlord and should never be treated as such.
Q&A on using the FREE tenancy/lodger agreements
Liverpool to be the most bike-friendly city in the England and Wales
Increasing numbers of Londoners are taking in lodgers as a way of earning extra money during the downturn.
There are unfortunately rare scams and people trying to commit fraud when renting
Itchy: Your irritatingly useful guide to life
Just fill out the box below with your email address and we'll email your password to you.